reportReport a Problem
Getting Started Registration Contacts Review / Submit

Business License Online Application

New Business License Online Application

What you need to know to get started

All license renewals are sent out the second week of December each year, and are due by January 31.

Before applying, please have ready the following items that may apply to your business:

  • Sales: Anyone selling products must have a state Sellers Permit. If you are an in-city business you must provide a copy of your Seller's Permit when you apply. Please note your permit must show the Moreno Valley address. The California Department of Tax and Fee Administration will be able to provide address changes, if needed
  • Business Name: If a Fictitious Business Name is used, it must be filed through the Riverside County Clerk & Recorder
  • Ownership: If a Partnership, Corporation, Trust, or Limited Liability Corporation owns the business, you must provide a Federal ID Number (EIN). If you are a Sole Proprietor you may either use your Social Security Number or a Federal ID Number. A husband and wife may or may not need to obtain a EIN.
  • Employers: If you have employees, you must provide a State ID Number (EDD).
  • If you operate a business that is licensed by a state agency (such as contractors) you must provide your State License number, type and expiration.
  • An Independent Contractor or Booth Rental License is for individuals working in an existing licensed business (ex. barbers, hairstylists, real estate agents and massage therapists.)
  • A Peddler/Solicitor License is required for individuals or organizations that wish to engage in door-to-door sales.
  • If you need assistance or more information, contact the Business License Department at (951) 413-3080 or email us at
  • After submitting your application online, you’ll receive a confirmation email acknowledging that we have received your application. You may receive an additional email asking for further detailed information that may include review and approval by the Planning Department. After the application has been approved, you will receive an email notifying you of the approval along with instructions on how to submit payment.

  • Per AB 2184, you may protect your residential address by providing a different Service of Process address in accordance with Sections 16000.1(a)(2) and 16100.1(a)(2) of the Business and Professions Code. To do so, please Apply in person - you may not apply online.